Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next On the other hand, Thompson—who almost got finished in two separate occasions during the bout—acknowledged his previous shortcomings and vowed to finally achieve his dream of becoming UFC champion.“I know for a fact I wasn’t at my best. He was at his best. He hit me with two big shots that put dudes to sleep and he couldn’t do it with me,” he was quoted as saying in a Fox Sports report.“He tried to finish me with the guillotine and couldn’t do it. In the fifth round, I felt great. I felt like I could have gone another three rounds but I wasn’t at my best. I didn’t let my hands go the way I should have,” the former kickboxing star added.After the UFC confirmed the rematch, the lively pair did not waste any time taking jabs at each other on Twitter.Screen Grab from TwitterUFC 209 is scheduled on March 4, 2017 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Other bouts for the main card include a rematch between heavyweights Alistair Overeem and Mark Hunt and a featherweight clash between Darren Elkins and Mirsad Bektic. Khristian IbarrolaADVERTISEMENT Smart hosts first 5G-powered esports exhibition match in PH EDITORS’ PICK Brighter future as Maroons acquire services of Akhuetie Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments Smart’s Siklab Saya: A multi-city approach to esports Ginebra teammates show love for Slaughter The two highly touted combatants fought tooth-and-nail for 25 minutes, but two judges could not determine the winner and scored it a draw, while the other one gave the nod to the champion.Both fighters received ‘Fight of the Night’ bonuses and sparked debates between MMA pundits as to who really won the bout. Even UFC president Dana White said that a rematch is in order after the match was done.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra teammates show love for SlaughterSPORTSFreddie Roach: Manny Pacquiao is my Muhammad AliSPORTSWe are youngWoodley, meanwhile, spoke on his podcast ’The Morning Wood’ on Monday (Tuesday in Manila) and immediately went off on the challenger.“He got under my skin so much that I’m just going to go ahead and fight this dude,” the Roufusport fighter said. “Like straight up. He got under my skin that bad where I don’t even care about the ration and the money and what fight makes the most sense. You need to be careful what you ask for. ‘Wonderboy’ you want it — come get it. You want a fight, you want to get done worse than you did the first time?” Chinese-manned vessel unsettles Bohol town Senators to proceed with review of VFA PH among economies most vulnerable to virus MOST READ We are young Chinese-manned vessel unsettles Bohol town Where did they go? Millions left Wuhan before quarantine UFC welterweight champion Tyron ‘The Chose One’ Woodley would once again look to defend his title against Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson at UGC 209 in May. Image: UFC.comLooks like ‘Wonderboy’ will have a second crack against the ‘Chosen One’ after all.After their gruelling five-round war ended in a majority draw at UFC 205 in November last year, UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley (16-3-1) would once again face off against the division’s number one contender Stephen Thompson (13-1-1), in the main event of UFC 209 in Las Vegas.ADVERTISEMENT Shanghai officials reveal novel coronavirus transmission modes Eduard Folayang: Discipline leads to longevity PLAY LIST 02:58Eduard Folayang: Discipline leads to longevity00:50Trending Articles02:18Alvarez ready to take risk vs Folayang, looks to end clash by ‘knockout or submission’01:31Taiwan minister boards cruise ship turned away by Japan01:33WHO: ‘Global stocks of masks and respirators are now insufficient’01:01WHO: now 31,211 virus cases in China 102:02Vitamin C prevents but doesn’t cure diseases like coronavirus—medic03:07’HINDI PANG-SPORTS LANG!’03:03SILIP SA INTEL FUND
SWANSEA, Wales (AP): Newcastle gave ailing manager Rafa Benitez something to cheer by beating Swansea 1-0 yesterday, spoiling Renato Sanches’ first experience of the English Premier League. Having earlier cleared a shot off his own goal line, Jamaal Lascelles headed home the winner from a corner in the 77th minute as Newcastle picked up a second straight victory. The 57-year-old Benitez was not at Liberty Stadium after having a procedure last Monday to address an infection resulting from an earlier hernia operation. He had been in such pain this week that he had not been able to travel to training. Sanches made his debut for Swansea after joining on loan from Bayern Munich in a surprise transfer on the final day of the summer transfer window. The Portugal midfielder endured a difficult start to life in the Premier League, battling hard but often giving away possession before being substituted in the 69th minute. The 20-year-old Sanches was being talked about as Portugal’s natural heir to Cristiano Ronaldo after helping his national team win last year’s European Championship title, where he won the Young Player of the Tournament award. He joined Bayern on one of the richest contracts in Bundesliga history, for a transfer fee that could climb to about US$90 million, but struggled for game time last season. Yesterday’s results: SANCHES DEBUT – Burnley 1-0 Crystal Palace – Swansea City 0-1 Newcastle United
His sacking comes just days after city rivals Hearts fired their manager Craig Levein.A club statement said: “Hibernian FC today announced that Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom and his Assistant Coach, Robbie Stockdale, have been relieved of their duties at the club.“Head of Player Development Eddie May will take charge of the team on an interim basis – supported by Assistant Coach Grant Murray and Steven Whittaker.“Supporters can expect further comment from the club in the coming days.” Hibs have sacked manager Paul Heckingbottom after nine months in charge at Easter Road.The 42-year-old has left the Edinburgh club 48 hours after a 5-2 League Cup semi-final defeat to Celtic.Hibs are currently tenth in the Premiership, having won just one of their 11 fixtures this season.Heckingbottom, who has also managed Leeds United and Barnsley, took over at Hibs from Neil Lennon in February.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Xavi: Ajax pair De Jong and De Ligt have Barcelona DNAby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona legend Xavi is convinced by the quality of Ajax pair Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt.Xavi admits he can see both players succeeding at Barca.He stated: “I like them very much, they’d be very good for Barça. “They do not lose the ball, they play well, they already have the Barça DNA by coming from Ajax, which was always a good school for us. “And they are young.”
TagsSerie A NewsLoan MarketAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Cardiff boss Neil Warnock furious with ‘ridiculous’ loan limitationsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveCardiff City boss Neil Warnock has launched a furious attack on the Premier League’s loan rules.Top-flight sides are not allowed to have more than two players on loan from Premier League or EFL clubs.And Warnock raged: It’s just such a ridiculous rule. “I agree that you can’t have more than one from a club but what’s to stop having three loan players in the squad and giving them the opportunity to play the Premier League.“In clubs like ourselves which haven’t got a lot of money, it’s an opportunity to give them.”
As if having a record-setting 12 players selected in the 2016 NFL Draft wasn’t enough of a recruiting pitch for Ohio State, head coach Urban Meyer will also be able to use the staggering amount of money these rookies will sign for. The 10 players selected in the first three rounds will sign for a combined $120 million all on their own. OSU posted this cool graphic to Twitter Tuesday morning to share this fact. The numbers speak for themselves.Being a #Buckeye will take you to the next level.#DevelopedHere pic.twitter.com/EJUXYJtbSD— Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) May 3, 2016Both Alabama and Florida State successfully use this idea on the recruiting trail, too, pointing out how much money recent draftees have made in the NFL. The Buckeyes now have the best pitch in college football.
A map of the lightning strikes recorded over B.C. on Wednesday. Photo by Environment Canada.Data shows that over 30,000 lightning strikes were recorded across the province on Wednesday.A map showing lightning strikes over Northeast B.C. and Northwest Alberta between 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday and 11:00 a.m. on Thursday. Photo by Environment CanadaEnvironment Canada meteorologist Lisa Erven said that in Northeast B.C. and Northwest Alberta alone, there were close to 10,000 lightning strikes recorded after a series of thunderstorms passed over the region throughout the day.A severe thunderstorm warning was issued in the Grande Prairie – Beaverlodge – Valleyview area during the afternoon when a thunderstorm dropped around 45.5 millimetres of rain in two hours and caused localized flooding in Beaverlodge.A second warning was issued in the South Peace during the evening after a weather station near Tumbler Ridge also recorded around 45 millimetres of rain in a two-hour span. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A severe thunderstorm watch has once again been issued for the B.C. Peace and Fort Nelson regions today.Environment Canada says that conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms, which may be capable of producing heavy rain.Severe thunderstorms occurred yesterday over the Peace, Cariboo, Yellowhead, Columbia, and Thompson regions. Forecasters say that the ridge of high pressure that caused temperatures to soar earlier in the week has moved into the Prairies and been replaced by a sluggish upper-level trough.The cooler, unstable air associated with the trough will continue to produce showers and thunderstorms over the Interior for the next two days.Environment Canada says that storms could become severe again this afternoon over much of the B.C. Interior, including Northeast B.C.
New Delhi: US aerospace major Boeing has handed over first of the 22 Apache Guardian attack helicopters to the Indian Air Force, nearly three-and-half years after a multi-billion dollar deal for the choppers was sealed.Senior IAF officials said the addition of AH-64E (I) Apache helicopter is a significant step towards modernisation of the force’s chopper fleet. The helicopter has been customised to suit IAF’s future requirements and would have significant capability in mountainous terrain, they said. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra Singh”The first AH-64E (I) – Apache Guardian helicopter was formally handed over to the Indian Air Force at Boeing production facility in Mesa, Arizona, the US on May 10,” IAF Spokesperson Group Captain Anupam Banerjee said. The AH-64E Apache is a leading multi-role attack helicopter and is flown by the US Army. The IAF had signed a multi-billion dollar contract with the US government and Boeing Ltd in September 2015 for 22 Apache helicopters. The first batch of these helicopters is scheduled to be shipped to India by July this year. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroad”Selected aircrew and ground crew have undergone training at the training facilities at US Army base Fort Rucker, Alabama. These personnel will lead the operationalisation of the Apache fleet in the IAF,” the IAF said in a statement. It said the helicopter has been customised to suit the IAF’s future requirements and would have significant capability in mountainous terrain. “The helicopter has the capability to carry out precision attacks at standoff ranges and operate in hostile airspace with threats from ground,” the IAF said. It said the ability of these helicopters, to transmit and receive the battlefield picture, to and from the weapon systems through data networking makes it a lethal acquisition. “These attack helicopters will provide significant edge in any future joint operations in support of land forces,” the IAF added. Additionally, the Defence Ministry in 2017 approved the procurement of six Apache helicopters along with weapons systems from Boeing at a cost of Rs 4,168 crore for the Army. This will be its first fleet of attack choppers. Fuselages for this Army order will be produced by Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited, a joint venture between Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems in Hyderabad.
Moscow — Mikhail Kalashnikov, the designer of fabled AK-47 automatic rifle, has died, Russia’s ITAR-TASS news agency reported on Monday, citing the office of the presidency in the Udmurtia region where he worked. He was 94.Kalashnikov designed a weapon that became synonymous with killing on a sometimes indiscriminate scale but was seen in the Soviet Union as a national hero and symbol of Moscow?s proud military past.
Rabat– Real Madrid player Di Maria talked to the media to explain what happened at the Santiago Berabeu Stadium during the Los Blancos clash against Celta Vigo on Monday. The Argentine winger seemed to be making an inappropriate gesture (grabbing his intimate parts) after being booed and whistled from a section of Madrid fans when substituted by Gareth Bale. “I take no notice of whistling, I didn’t make any gestures to anyone. I was simply making myself comfortable”, Di Maria told the Argentine press. The 26-year-old said he would never do such provocative thing especially with his family present in the stadium.Di Maria blamed the Spanish press for his current situation at Real Madrid.“Maybe the Spanish press doesn’t like me because I’m not one for giving interviews”, he said, adding, “They want to turn the club and everyone else against me. They’re always hoping I’ll do something so they can have a go at me.”The Madrid side manager Carlo Ancelotti said regarding the incident that he did not see it but if Di Maria gestured improperly towards fans that would be a “mistake”.“If he made the gesture, nothing happens. It’s a mistake, but who doesn’t make mistakes? If he responded with a gesture to the crowd then it’s another mistake, but life goes on.”