Come and see HLPFI at Multimodal 2012 next week

first_imgNow in its fifth year, the event goes from strength to strength, and HLPFI will once again be present with a booth. Do stop by and meet the team if you are planning to attend the show.This year the event welcomes over 55 new exhibitors from all modes of the transport chain, bringing the total number of companies with booths at the event to over 200.In addition, Multimodal will feature a whole array of seminars, workshops, trade briefings, networking occasions and features; all of which are free-of-charge to visitors.Exhibitors range from ports, shipping lines, rail operators, airlines, road hauliers and logistics providers through to equipment suppliers, technical and IT support providers, academic institutions, trade associations and government bodies. Visitors are drawn from the ranks of major shippers, retailers and industry.www.multimodal.org.uklast_img read more

SRT returns rotor by rail

first_imgBack in December 2014, SRT handled the rail transport of the rotor, which measured 14.7 m x 3.25 m x 3 m, from the plant in Texas back to the factory for repairs. With work complete on the unit, SRT was called on to return the cargo.SRT provided tie-down drawings, complete with the professional engineer stamp, as requested by the client. The company also handled the clearances, car ordering and expediting of the shipment.  www.srt.cclast_img

Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese

first_img Author: Associated Press Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know. Published: May 22, 2017 9:07 PM EDT Updated: May 22, 2017 9:08 PM EDT SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) A botulism outbreak linked to contaminated nacho-cheese dip sold at a Northern California gas station has killed one man and left at least nine other people hospitalized, health officials said Monday.The San Francisco County coroner’s office identified the dead man as Martin Galindo-Larios Jr., 37.Matt Conens, a spokesman for the California Department of Public Health, declined to release further information on the death, the current condition of the other victims, or the status and extent of the investigation into the outbreak, discovered by early this month.Family members of Galindo-Larios did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment. An online fundraising page said he was married and the father of two small children.Tests confirmed the botulism toxin in nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station in the Sacramento suburb of Walnut Grove, the state health agency said in a statement.The agency said last week the container and cheese dip were removed May 5, and that authorities believe the contamination posed no further risk to the public.Conens declined to disclose whether the gas station involved was still open, and whether authorities were examining if the contamination may have originated from the factory making the dip.Botulism, a comparatively rare kind of food poisoning, can lead to paralysis, breathing difficulty and sometimes death. Survivors often are forced to spend weeks or months on ventilators to help them breathe.A major outbreak of food-borne botulism stemmed from a church potluck in Ohio in 2015, when at least 29 people fell ill. Authorities blamed potato salad made from potatoes that had been canned improperly at home.center_img SHARE Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese last_img read more

No. 6 Abilene Christian Defeats No. 5 West Florida, 7-2, in Women’s Tennis

first_img Naomi Higa (Photo by Bill Stockland) Share LAS VEGAS, Nev. – The No. 5 University of West Florida women’s tennis team (11-8, 4-0 GSC) dropped a 7-2 match to  No. 6 Abilene Christian (13-4) today in a neutral site match in Las Vegas, Nev. UWF went 1-3 during the Las Vegas trip. In the span of eight days, the Argos have played eight matches, winning four. West Florida is in the South Region, while Abilene Christian plays in the South Central Region.UWF recorded its only doubles victory at the No. 2 position, where Jacqueline March (Santa Rosa Beach) and Luiza Sonnervig (Sao Paulo, Brazil) tallied an 8-3 victory over Cassie Carver and Hannah Kelley. At the No. 1 line, Julia Mongin and Jaclyn Walker defeated Argonauts Caitlyn Baines (Ft. Walton Beach) and Taylor Brewster (Fergus, Ontario), 8-4. Mongin and Walker are the No. 3 doubles tandem in the nation and the No. 1 doubles duo in the South Central Region. Baines and Brewster are the No. 5 doubles team in the South Region. At No. 3, Micah Hermsdorf and Lauren White defeated UWF’s Yana Bokareva (Moscow, Russia) and Mariana Sonnervig (Sao Paulo, Brazil), 9-7. West Florida’s singles victory came at the No. 6 position where Naomi Higa (Córdoba, Argentina) defeated Emily Conrad, 6-0, 6-1. Abilene Christian recorded victories at the other five singles positions. At the No. 1 position, Mongin defeated Brewster, 4-6, 6-2, 6-2. Mongin is the No. 4 singles player in the nation. No. 12-ranked Walker defeated Luiza Sonnervig, 6-4, 6-1, at No. 2. Carver tallied a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Baines at the No. 3 line. At the No. 4 spot, Hermsdorf had a 6-4, 6-3 victory over March. No. 41-ranked Kelley defeated Mariana Sonnervig, 6-3, 6-3, at No. 5.UWF will return to the courts on Sun., March 20th as the Argos host Oklahoma Christian. First serve is slated for 10 a.m. at the Ralph “Skeeter” Carson Tennis Complex on the UWF campus in Pensacola. The match will be the first of an eight-match homestand that will conclude the regular season. Results and a recap from the match will be available on GoArgos.com.For information on all UWF Athletics, visit www.GoArgos.com. — www.GoArgos.com –____________________________________________________________________________________No. 6 Abilene Christian 7, No. 5 University of West Florida 2Singles#1 No. 4 Julia Mongin (ACU) def. Taylor Brewster (UWF) 4-6, 6-2, 6-2#2 No. 12 Jaclyn Walker (ACU) def. Luiza Sonnervig (UWF) 6-4, 6-1#3 Cassie Carver (ACU) def. Caitlyn Baines (UWF) 6-4, 6-3#4 Micah Hermsdorf (ACU) def. Jacqueline March (UWF) 6-4, 6-3#5 No. 41 Hannah Kelley (ACU) def. Mariana Sonnervig (UWF) 6-3, 6-3#6 Naomi Higa (UWF) def. Emily Conrad (ACU) 6-0, 6-1Doubles #1 No. 3 Julia Mongin/Jaclyn Walker (ACU) def. Caitlyn Baines/Taylor Brewster (UWF) 8-4#2 Jacqueline March/Luiza Sonnervig (UWF) def. Cassie Carver/Hannah Kelley (ACU) 8-3#3 Micah Hermsdorf/Lauren White (ACU) def. Yana Bokareva/Mariana Sonnervig (UWF) 9-7Match Notes:Abilene Christian 13-4; National ranking #6; Regional ranking #1University of West Florida 11-8, 4-0 GSC; National ranking #5; Regional ranking #3Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (3,6,2,4,5,1)UWF is in the South Region, while ACU is in the South Central Region.Print Friendly Versioncenter_img No. 6 Abilene Christian Defeats No. 5 West Florida, 7-2, in Women’s Tennislast_img read more

Browns expected to be without young CBs Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams against Ravens

first_imgIt will be the second consecutive week that Ward and Williams will be absent from the Browns secondary due to hamstring injuries. T.J. Carrie and Terrance Mitchell will once again be the next men up on the depth chart.In last week’s 20-13 loss to the Rams, Carrie and Mitchell did a commendable job on the back end of the Browns defense, helping keep a high powered Los Angeles offense in striking distance until the closing seconds of the game.The Browns did get some good news in regards to their secondary this week as Damarious Randall cleared the concussion protocol and returned to practice. He’s good to go for the first time since Week One. Fellow safety Morgan Burnett begins the day listed as questionable with a quad injury. The fact that he did not practice all week doesn’t bode well for his suiting up in Baltimore. It’s more likely that the Browns are down three-fourths of their defense today.Rookie safety Sheldrick Redwine is also questionable today with a hamstring injury. On the offensive side of the ball, Rashard Higgins continues to battle a knee injury and didn’t practice on Thursday or Friday. He’s questionable along with right tackle Chris Hubbard who was limited most of the week. Spencer German The Browns aren’t expected to have cornerback’s Denzel Ward or Greedy Williams when they take on the Ravens later today. That according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.center_img Related Topics2019 Cleveland BrownsBaltimore RavensDamarious RandallDenzel WardfeaturedGreedy WilliamsMorgan BurnettT.J. CarrieTerrance Mitchelllast_img read more

Off duty TWRA wildlife officer involved in hunting accident

first_imgPIONEER, TN (WLAF) – An off duty TWRA wildlife officer has been involved in a turkey hunting accident on the North Cumberland WMA in Campbell County.On Sun., May 17 before 10 a.m., an off duty TWRA wildlife officer accidentally shot two other hunters while turkey hunting on the North Cumberland WMA in Campbell County near Norma Rd.The hunters were said to be hunting in Scott County and ended up about 200 feet into Campbell County when the shooting occurred.  One of the inured people was taken to the Antioch Church at Norma to meet the ambulance, and the other drove himself to UT Medical Center for examination.  Both victims have been released and the incident is under investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 05/17/2020-6PM)Share this:FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Everton v Fulham line-ups: Osman in for Everton, Bent on the Fulham bench

first_imgEverton: Howard, Oviedo, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman, Barry, Osman, Pienaar, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku.Subs: Robles, Heitinga, Jelavic, Mirallas, Naismith, Stones, Alcaraz.Fulham Stekelenburg; Riether, Senderos, Hughes, Riise; Parker, Sidwell, Karagounis; Dejagah, Berbatov, Kacaniklic.Subs: Stockdale, Zverotic, Richardson, Kasami, Duff, Ruiz, Bent.AdChoices广告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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Chelsea Ladies score six in opening-day victory

first_imgNew signing Maren Mjelde scored twice as Chelsea Ladies started their Women’s Super League campaign with a thumping 6-0 win over Bristol City Women.A diving header from Drew Spence put the Blues ahead at their new Kingsmeadow home and Fran Kirby raced through before shooting into the far corner to make it 2-0 at the break.AdChoices广告The Spring Series champions were even more dominant after the interval, with Mjelde taking the ball on the run and finishing neatly after Karen Carney headed the ball into her path from Gemma Davison’s deep cross.Sweden international midfielder Magdalena Eriksson headed in to make it 4-0 from a corner and Davison teed up Mjelde, who tapped the ball home for a 5-0 lead.Centre-back Gilly Flaherty completed the scoring with the easiest of shots from almost on the line. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Cahill: Chelsea players need to look at themselves

first_imgChelsea captain Gary Cahill believes the squad must now “self-reflect” and brush the disappointing end to the Premier League season “under the carpet” as they prepare for the FA Cup final.Following an upturn in form which at one stage looked like Antonio Conte’s men might just gatecrash the top four, the Blues saw their league campaign peter out.The 1-1 draw at home against relegation-battlers Huddersfield on Wednesday night was followed by a disappointing final-day 3-0 defeat at Newcastle, who had already secured their own Premier League status.AdChoices广告Chelsea ended in fifth place, some five points behind Liverpool, and so will be playing in the Europa League next season rather than back among the elite clubs of European football.Blues boss Conte has already warned his team “don’t have a chance” of beating United at Wembley to lift the FA Cup – in what well could be his last game as manager – if they fail to produce an improved display.Embed from Getty Images Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook Defender Cahill is confident the players have it within themselves to regroup and end what has been a largely frustrating campaign with a trophy.“It’s time to self-reflect. Prior to Huddersfield we were in great form. We have to try and brush it under the carpet,” Cahill told Chelsea’s website.“That’s not an excuse, any other time I wouldn’t be saying that, but we have a massive week now to prepare for a cup final which is very important for us.”A rapid second-half double from Ayoze Perez added to Dwight Gayle’s 23rd-minute opener as Chelsea came up short on Tyneside.Cahill accepted too many Chelsea players had taken their eye of the job in hand.“It was a below-par performance by ourselves,” he added. “For whatever reason, we were way off the pace.“There were individual mistakes here, there and everywhere which was putting us under extreme amounts of pressure. That’s not in our make-up.“It looked to me like everyone had one eye on the cup final, which is very dangerous.“We are very lucky that the game was somewhat irrelevant in the end as Liverpool won, because if we had come off that pitch with that performance having thrown a Champions League spot away, it would have been extremely hard to take.” See also:Woeful Chelsea are crushed at NewcastleConte: Chelsea must improve for cup finalCahill admits CV might not be enough to secure World Cup placeNewcastle v Chelsea player ratingsCahill to be left out of World Cup squad – reportsEngland boss reveals Cahill message Gary Cahill has struggled for form at times this seasonlast_img read more

Hamilton feels uncomfortable negotiating a new contract, Botas has talked to…

first_imgLewis Hamilton; photo: MercedesLewis Hamilton feels uncomfortable negotiating a new contract amid the coronavirus crisis, which has left millions of people around the world out of work, he said. The driver of the Mercedes said a week ago that he expects to stay in Formula 1 for at least another three years. Yesterday, his team announced that Valteri Botas will remain in the team next season. However, the six-time world champion said that there was no need to hurry.“After all, when you think about how many people around the world have lost their jobs, it doesn’t seem right to sit down to negotiate a big contract. It just doesn’t seem like the most important thing I need to pay attention to right now. The fact is that I want to continue working with the team. It’s not like we have to sit down and do it. At the moment, I just don’t feel comfortable on this issue and I will wait a little longer, “explained the Englishman.Hamilton explicitly stated that he does not talk to other teams“I’m looking forward to continuing with my team, with whom we started a new chapter on how to educate and work for more diversity. I am super excited about what it is possible to do with Mercedes-Benz and the team. At some point we will get to this (the issue of the contract – b.a.). I’m not stressed. I took a step back. At times I wonder how long I can procrastinate until things get back to normal at least a little bit. But I am completely, 100% committed to my team. I’m loyal to the team and I have no desire to go anywhere else.Stayed at Silverstone the past few days with Roscoe. I love this place. Not the same without you all here tho, but still have to count my blessings to have Roscoe with me. I hope you are all having a great week and staying positive. I’m sending you high vibrations 🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/eoY5lvxASv— Lewis Hamilton (@LewisHamilton) August 6, 2020Botas, for his part, said that his negotiations with the Brackley team went quite smoothlyThe talks would have ended earlier had it not been for the pause due to the pandemic. The discussion at the beginning of the year was to reach an agreement around June, the Finn said.“Afterwards, however, we never competed until June. We decided to wait and see what would happen, focus on the first few races and then talk again. Then things worked out on their own. It wasn’t complicated, “Botas explained.The Finn admitted that he had talks with other teams. His name was mostly associated with the Renault team after Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari announced that they would split at the end of 2020. It was rumored that the sporting boss of Mercedes supported his joining the French team. It was also alleged that his manager had contacted Red Bull.Walter Botas; photo: Mercedes“Yes, I had talks with other teams. Even before the start of the championship there was a serious movement between teams and pilots. The team made it clear that they will not sign with anyone before the start of the race. I decided to look around just in case – in case Mercedes didn’t hold me back for some reason. I do not want to go into details about how serious the discussions were. But I looked around to see what was available.Botas also commented on the fact that this is another one-year contract with the Brackley team. He explained that you have to be in a Mercedes if you want to win a title, so he takes the chance, even if it’s for one season.“Yes, it would be nice to have a long-term contract. But this is the best option I can get, so I accept it. Next year, at some point, I will have to think about the future again. But this will be in at least ten months, now such a thing is not necessary, “added Valteri.The future is secured, so now I can just focus on racing. Time to do the talking on track. Thank you everyone at @ MercedesAMGF1, fans, friends and family for your trust and support. Let’s go!! 👊# VB77 # F1 #BritishGP #NeverGiveUp📸 Etherington pic.twitter.com/L3aJkhpyQJ– Valtteri Bottas (@ValtteriBottas) August 6, 2020If you find a spelling mistake, please let us know by highlighting the text and clicking Ctrl+Enterlast_img read more